Added Scout Databases to Scouting!
1. Scout Databases Starting with the reset, once per season (every 90 days) you will need to purchase two Scouting Packages (for normal and youth players). How they work:
When sending a scout to a specific country, you'll be able to select ONLY from the countries you have access to with your package. For example, if you decide to get a Country-package, you'll be able to search for players only in your country!
2. Player Values Subs Added substitutions in the calculations for player value.
3. Release Option Confirmation Added a confirmation window when Managers put players on the Transfer Market with a release option.
4. Transfer Fix. Fixed a bug where some auctions were extended for 2 days once a new bid was placed.
See you tomorrow!
Players will look a little different in the new game!
1. Player Generation has been updated, so that players will look more like players in real life. Most of you will feel that the players are nerfed too much, but this should make the game more interesting and tactical.
2. Enquiries. I've decided to remove the ability to directly buy players from teams. I've analyzed the pros and cons of the system, and at least for now, we're going to move forward without it.
3. League Colors Matches will be colored different in your Fixtures, depending on each competition.
4. Player Regions Every player will be generated with a region in their Country.
5. Highest Bid has been renamed to Current Price to avoid confusion.
See you tomorrow!
I'd like to introduce Hidden Attributes to the game!
1. Hidden Attributes. Some players in the game will have hidden attributes. This will be mostly based on the location of your team. We will have 4 levels:
Level 3 - Players that are in a different continent then you, will have all their attributes hidden (You will see a -)
Level 2 - Attributes will be shown as an interval, eg. 11 - 15, 16 - 20.
Level 1 - Players that are in the same continent as you, but in a different country. Attributes will be an interval, like 13 - 15, 16 - 18.
Level 0 - All attributes are available.
Every time you scout a player, his level will drop. So a Level 2 player will be a Level 1, etc. When a player is transfer listed, his level will drop automatically to 1, even if he is Level 3.
2. Suspensions. Yellow and Red Cards are going to be specific per every competition.
3. Broadcasting is going to be influenced by the number of players in that league - so higher competitive leagues will receive more broadcasting revenue. How this works is that, at the end of a season, broadcasting will be setup to count and compare the competitivity of every League. The amount available to players will then be assigned accordingly.
4. Being Injured in Training. Updated the attributes degradation in the game when applying injuries.
5. Player Names. Some players will have 2 first names, instead of just the one we had previously.
6. Other. You can now order by Date the World Transfers.
Some smaller changes today!
1. Late Bid Fee Change. Before, the LBF amount was lost, but with the reset, this amount will be received by the team that is selling the player.
2. Bot Team Names. Bot teams now have different names and formats, so they look a bit different and more dynamic.
3. Yearly Wage Rises. You will be able to negotiate Wage Rises with players now. Every wage rise you propose will increase the probability of your player to accept your offer.
4. Yearly Dividends. Every end of season, teams will pay 10% as Shareholder Dividends for any amount they have over 500K.
5. Unhappy!. Players will complain if their salaries are not very good, and experience a decrease in morale.
6. Searching Attributes. Updated the attributes used when searching for players. These should work better now!
7. Injuries & Morale. Injuries will now influence a bit the morale of the players!See you tomorrow!
The reset will bring you a new team (sort of).
1. Reserve League - Your Reserve Team will get their own League. You'll be able to view the next Fixtures, set your own Tactic and view the League Table! This is going to be a feature available only for PRO players, and it's going to be available only if you want. From your Team Customize page, you can toggle if the AI should handle your Reserves or you.
2. Facilities & Training won't start with half a star, as it is now, but they'll start at 0.
3. Late Bloomers - Instead of having all players develop in the same way, we now have a new type of player - the Late Bloomer. He'll develop less in his youth, and he'll develop more after 26+ years.
4. Tactics Reserves - Added an easy way for managers to view their Reserve Players together with their Regular players. It's going to be easy to play your favorite Reserves :-)
5. Contract Update - Players that are 18 years old, will re-negotiate their contracts with the team automatically (they get a salary increase).
6. Improved Injuries. Players will receive more realistic injuries and will be assigned an injury type. As expected, the injury time has been increased pretty substantially. Also, I've added recurring injuries in the game. What this means is that, if a player manages to injure a body part he already injured in the past, he will receive a 'bonus' to his injury.
7. Fixed the Clean Sheet bug. Now Goalkeepers won't show up in the Goalscorers area.
8. Fixed an issue with Chinese first names. Unfortunately, the game was using the Japanese first names instead of the correct ones.
See you tomorrow!
So, what's coming next to the game with the reset?
1. Player Generation - I've redone the entire way new players are generated. We will have less "perfect" players, and more players with atributes similar to real-life!
2. Registration - You can now choose if you prefer to join a lower-league or a higher league. Players will be assigned a team based on the value of the team squad, not just based on league position, as it is now.
3. Staff Number - Increased the number of staff new teams are generated with, so to avoid a shortage as we had previously with staff.
4. Training Camp - Starting with every season, teams that are not involved in International Matches will have a possibility to join a Training Camp. They'll be able to choose between a number of locations, and their teams will travel there. The system will organize 2 matches with teams in the same area, or with bot teams if none are available. This will help teams not wait a week until the first matches (a complaint from you guys) and let you get some extra training and experience for players.
5. Hungary and Slovakia have been added as playable countries in Europe.
6. Tendency to Punch has been renamed to Punching. It's closed to how actually the attribute works!
7. League Names - Now, all the league names in the game are going to be specific to every country.
8. General Transfer Ban - All transfer bans have been set to 40 days.
9. Optimizations - As you may have noticed, I've done a number of optimizations, and the game should feel significantly quicker.
See you tomorrow!
Hope everyone is doing great! I know you guys have been waiting for updates to the game, so next week we'll be doing that!
As we're just a week away from the update, starting with this Monday, I'll give you guys daily updates with what changes that are coming to the game.
Looking forward to sharing what's coming next!
I have a big announcement this evening. I would like to start with a Thank You for playing, and I hope, having fun with it! I'm enjoying developing it with you guys, and I appreciate you giving it a chance.
So, I want to talk to you a bit about the future of the game. In the last couple of weeks, I've done some tests on the state of the game, on how the last updates affected the game, which teams have advantages over others and how difficult it is for a new player to catch up to the older managers.
What I found is that through normal gameplay, a new player has a though time catching up. Because older players could use the Transfer market at their will and make easy profits, no matter what would happen, they would still have money in the bank, max Facilities and great players.
Because of this, I don't want to specifically start targeting older players with limitations just for the sake of it.
So, after giving it a lot of thought, I want to announce that I'm going to reset the game at THE END of the current season. This season is going to finish, and we'll have our winners at the end.
I want to apologize if some of you feel dissapointed, but I am looking out for the best of the game. And I really believe that this move will make the game better in the future.
So, what is going to happen:
1. We are going to finish the season as normal;
2. At the end of the season, all of the teams and players are going to be erased;
3. Nobody is going to lose their account, but they will be able to choose new teams and start over fresh;
4. I will add a timer soon so that new players joining know that there is going to be a re-start of the game.
I want to couple the restart this with some things I wanted to add. Like a new and more realistic Player Generation algorithm. We currently have too many "Messi's" in the game, and this new algorithm is going to make the game more realistic and interesting.
Also, the new season is going to have a separate league for Reserve Teams, which will work in paralel with the Main team.
In the meantime, I am going to add new changes to the game, as usual.
For example, Scouting is going to have an overhaul soon, with a new Package-system and level of 'visibility' to attributes. More on that soon!
Also, I want to create a more active community for the game, so we're going to do some more fun things together! We're going to have a new Discord server where we can talk, and I'll want to do some contests and maybe some friendly Tournaments soon.
So stay tuned! More exciting features coming up soon!
First of all - good luck to everybody who hasn't yet played the first match of the season!
Now, let's talk a bit about what you guys have been discussing quite a lot on the forum - the transfers, and the fact that human managers use it just to make some quick profit.
I've spent a lot of time this week (sorry for being a bit offline) thinking of ways to make a better system, without doing too many restrictions, and to keep a good flow to the game and to keep it fairly simple.
So, what I am proposing is this:
1. PLAYER VALUES
One of the main issues I found that is causing this problem is that the formula that generates the values of the players is too powerful. What I mean is that players that are very weak, are valued way too higher then what they should be. This makes selling the players a lot easier and teams can sell them easy.
So, what I did: I changed the formula so that player value grows in an exponential way (something similarly to what you guys have said).
The effect: Players that are good and have played consistently, will increase their value (the max I generated on my local environment went to around 7 Mil for the most valuable 2-3 players), while players that don't play or are free, have decreased by up 10 times. Eg. a player valued now at 2 Mil, went down to 200 K.
What changed: A lot more factors are taken into account now: The age, the contract length, the stats for up to 3 years (including current season), current and future potential, the position the player plays in.
I increased the ban from 20 to 30 days for players that are bought via the Transfer list.
As an example for the new system: If you try to grab a free player, depending on how good he is, you will pay around 10-100K. If you try to sell him, you might received bids between 100-130K. So the turnover rate for a transfer is way-way lower. If you indeed get a player, and you PLAY HIM, and use him as intended, if you sell him in a year or two, your profit will be indeed a lot higher, which is indeed something you would like.
This, coupled with the fact that you can take a limited number of players, the lower income + the large transfer ban should stop this farming of players.
2. PLAYER WAGES
Now, dealing with wages is actually more complicated.
First of all, the state of wages is actually a bit of an issue. Wages are actually way higher then they should, because they're supported by managers who sell for profit easily.
Once the new player values will take their place, and this profit stops, all teams will start having issues paying salaries.
So, I made a different formula to calculate wages, using a similar exponential formula, where the better a player is, the higher he will cost.
For smaller teams, this means salaries will actually go lower, as they won't be able to sustain themselves in 1-2 seasons. Higher teams will notice a smaller or similar salary cap.
A bit of context: I chose to keep prizes fixed, so that I can control somewhat the inflation of the game. Salaries as well, are calculated from a formula that is somewhat of a fixed base. Because of this, once transfers are out as a source of income, teams will struggle paying even salaries (espectially lower league ones).
3. FUTURE UPDATES I'M CONSIDERING
- I'm considering other ways to allow teams to increase income - either through updates to Facilities or increasing the prizes.
- I'm considering adding a tax at the end of the season, based on the profit (a Shareholder tax or something like that, in order to decrease inflation)
- I'm considering that teams that win trophies or complete their season goal, to offer player prizes or salaries increase at the end of the season.
And I'm looking into some other things, I'll announce at a future date :-)
This changes have not been implemented yet, and the examples given are from my local environment.
With this new week we're starting season 7 in the game! I would like to say Good Luck and a good season to everybody!
Secondly, this week was more about bug fixes then new features, with some of the more proeminent listed below:
1. If you're logged out of the game, you'll now get back to where you where.
2. A new Translation Area for those interested in helping the game with new languages!
3. You will now receive notifications when you're either outbidded or receive new bids for your players!
4. When rejecting a contract, players will now give you a reason
This upcoming week I'll focus more on some of the issues you guys discussed over on the Forum. I'll look over Transfers and how they work, and some features related to it.
More to come once I'll get to it though!