Articles in Interviews
1. Hello there! You’re one of our first managers here so, I have to ask, what made you join the game and what convinced you to stick around?
Hi, thanks for the interview. I discovered the game trough a post on reddit. I have played other online football managers before like sokker and hattrick quite successfully so I said to myself to give this game a try, maybe I can come with some good feedback to the developers.
2. How would you describe your management style?
I'm very details oriented. But it's a challenge because many things are changing right now (as they should).
3. What are the things that you love most about football?
I love tactical challenges and tactical puzzles. I suck at chess, so I picked the next best thing: a football manager. In real life I love the passion of the fans for sure.
4. What would you say was your most memorable match? And what made it interesting for you?
Wining the European Champions Cup was great, but the match that tops that is the European Super Cup match where I was defeated by a tactic that I didn't give to much consideration too, although I've seen the manager win with it again and again. After that match I was back at square one, trying to rethink my tactics... which lead to me loosing even more matches... hopefully I will save this season somehow.
5. How do you go about planning a match? Can you walk us through your process?
I've wrote a small tutorial for beginners in the forums where I answered that. Besides their skills I look for the training potential, the play style and the game consistency.
6. How do you go about planning a match? Can you walk us through your process?
I'm the type of coach that always adjusts it's tactics by what the opponent is playing, so I take a look at their last matches, see how they played and adjust accordingly. I know it's much wiser to have a strong tactic and let the opponents adapt, but where's the fun in that?
7. Do you have a favorite coach, and does he inspire your strategy?
I like Jose Mourinho, oh yes he dose by the fact that I try to resolve my defense first but never thought about that before.
8. What are your goals in the game right now?
Giving more feedback to the developers to keep it challenging.
9. Favorite team IRL?
1. First, I want to thank you for this interview. You’re the first of our managers to do this, and it’s a pleasure to get to know you better and receive your feedback. Can you tell us something about yourself?
Thank you for the invitation. I'm a 24 years old guy from Constanta, Romania. I kinda stumbled upon this game, and was hooked ever since.
2. You’ve been a member of the PRO Football Sim community since the beginning. What attracted you to the game?
I like football, I like talking and reading about football, and finding an online game, similar in style to Football Manager, made by a Romanian developer was something new, that I didn't want to miss. Sure, the game wasn't perfect back then, but the potential was real, and most of all... it was actually surprisingly fun. I'm glad I stayed, because IMO the game developed nicely since those early days.
3. What makes you come back and play PFS every day?
I guess because it's competitive, the community might be small, but you do need to be active to compete with the best teams in the game. There is always a scout report you can look up, or some new players added on the transfer market you can preview. Small things like that.
4. What plans do you have with your team?
Honestly, I just want to make my team the best in the game. Finding a young core of players who I can rely on, and win everything there is to win.
5. What’s your favourite formation and what mentality do you like to use?
I experimented with many formations and styles of play. But right now, I like to use a 3-2-3-2 with wing backs and a very offensive mentality.
6. What’s your most memorable moment in the game?
Well, I had a player in my squad that developed to be probably be one of the best strikers in the game. Sold him for nothing in my first season because I didn't think it was anything special and also the market was quite different. When realization hit in a couple of months later... that was quite memorable.
7. Now, a very difficult question: Messi or Ronaldo?
8. What’s your favourite team IRL?
I grew up watching Steaua Bucharest, so maybe FCSB? Hard team to support these days though.
9. What feature would you like to see next implemented in the game?
Honestly I would like if players from bot clubs would have mandatory release clauses, there are some true gems out there. Also, maybe the ability to send players on loan, maybe with optional buy clauses.
10. And finally, what would you recommend to new managers who are just starting the game?
Well, everyone has it's own play style. I'll say experiment with formations and mentalities, find something that works for you, and build the core of your team around it.