Articles in Development
I wanted to share with you guys a few updates that I've implemented today and yesterday in the game.
I would also like to thank you for the feedback regarding the Match Engine. You guys were right - there was an issue with the Match Engine.
After receiving feedback from you on the forum, I decided to check what exactly was happening wrong (he inconsistencies reported). I digged a bit through the ME code, and found 2 issues (reported as well by you guys).
1. A lot of wrong passes that led to interceptions with goals scored against human teams
2. A bad conversion rate - a lot of shots and not many goals scored by human teams.
So - the 1st was caused by the reset - in the ME, players were mostly based on players generated via the old system. With the new system, players are more varied, less skilled somewhat, so I needed to tweak the ME to take this better into account. Also, I made the passes be more secure when the ball was into the teams own half.2nd, regarding the bad conversion rate - I re-did the way shots are made/missed and how goals are scored. It's now based more on the player attributes, and after thousands of tests, it looks good.
Now, this doesn't mean you'll win every match, but the ME should be more consistent. Feel free to let me know if you notice something wrong.
3rd, based on feedback, I trimmed the text on the Report section to display text only for match events, and not for other events, like subs, changes in tactics, etc.
I've changed visually how passes are viewed in the Match Engine - Instead of passes made/missed, I've decided to add a percentage - so you can see easier and decide if a player did a good or bad job.
I've also fixed the Contract Offer that wasn't working properly. If you try to offer a new player a new contract, it will work as supposed.
I've also added a player/staff export feature. This will allow you to download a .CSV file you can use to sort/track changes for your players.>I would like to thank you guys again for your support!
I would like to thank you guys first for your help in fixing any outstanding bugs and issues that I missed in development. Unfortunately, I was hoping for a more smooth transition, so thanks again! :-)
Secondly, I would like to do a quick update to the latest changes coming this evening:
1. There's going to be an update to the values of the players, that will fix some issues with some values that were inconsistent.
2. Modified the AI of the Bot teams on the Transfer List. They're going to be less-aggressive when biding on players.
3. I implemented an automatic system that will look into missing Staff or Players, and will take care of any issues with player/staff generation.
4. Countries in Scouting will show only countries with at least 1 player. I'll be adding a few countries every week (so more players from more teams are available).
Third, what's coming up next?
Well, I would like to focus next week on any bugs that might appear + some new things.
1. Player Page - I'll move the Career Stats from the player page into a new page (for staff as well).
2. A possibility to downgrade already built Facilities.
3. Some other minor updates.
With this new week we're starting season 7 in the game! I would like to say Good Luck and a good season to everybody!
Secondly, this week was more about bug fixes then new features, with some of the more proeminent listed below:
1. If you're logged out of the game, you'll now get back to where you where.
2. A new Translation Area for those interested in helping the game with new languages!
3. You will now receive notifications when you're either outbidded or receive new bids for your players!
4. When rejecting a contract, players will now give you a reason
This upcoming week I'll focus more on some of the issues you guys discussed over on the Forum. I'll look over Transfers and how they work, and some features related to it.
More to come once I'll get to it though!
A new week, and a new list of updates with what's new in the game!
So, here we go:
1. You can Cutomize your Feed (Desktop). There's a new link in your account, where you can hide some suggestions you receive from your assistant manager.
2. Once you login, the Game will remember you, and will offer you just the password option (so it's easier to come back to the game). This happens the next time you login! 3. Push Notifications. You can find a new setting in your Preferences, where you can subscribe to Push Notifications. You will receive notifications only on New Messages and when a Match has been played!
4. You can view the last time a Manager has logged in in his Profile
5. The Forum has a new rating system. You will receive points for every Post & Thread you add, and you'll have a level system which will be displayed next to your profile on the Forum.
6. Consistency has been reduced a bit in the Match Engine.
7. You will receive new notifications when matches are drawn.
8. Reminders - In your account, you can set now Reminders (PRO). You will receive the notification on your Account.
9. Polls - I can add new polls in the newsfeed, for questions!
10. The club logo will now be displayed on the Team Jersey and in the player images!
11. Holiday Mode - If you need to leave on vacation (although it's more difficult in this period), you can activate the new Holiday Mode! What this will do, is that it will let the AI to handle your Tactics for your next matches while you're away. So you can have your vacation in peace!
A new week and another set of new updated I can report to you guys!
1. You can now Train Players on new Positions. By going to their profile, you can choose what position you want them to learn. Keep in mind that this is a long-term endeavour, and it might take between 45 and 100 days, depending on their versatility and the position you want them to learn. It's going to be easier for a DR to learn to be a WBR, then for a SC to learn to be a DC!
2. Managers Awards are now displayed on every managers' profile.
3. As you all have noticed, your Assistant Manager will now propose you, based on your opponent, a preferred Lineup. This is meant to help you choose the best Lineup for your team!
4. Everybody will receive an email at the end of the season, which will be a short summary of what everybody did in the last season.
5. Added a small Last Match link in the Fixtures list.
Other then that, I finally fixed the Forum Links issue that was a bit annoying.
Also, there was an Enquiries fixture that was fixed, that you guys reported on the Forum.
Also, in order to avoid managers to profit from the Free-players system, there has been a small tweak when bringing in players via the Scout system. When you buy a player from the Transfer List, you will have typically a 20-day period in which you can't sell them.
For a player bought via a Scouting Report, you will have a 45-day period in which you will not be able to sell him.
This has been added as a notification in the Bidding menu, so you are aware of this.
Here are the updates added last week:
1. Player Awards have been added in the game. Nearing the end of the season, the best players from the World, from every League and from every Continent will receive awards!
2. PRO! You can now add custom Events in future games. If you go to a Prematch, you will have a new option. An Event is something that will trigger at the minute you want it to. You can use it to mean something (eg. Players stop to applaud someone) or to make a funny remark.
3. Added the Clean Sheets stats for Keepers. Previously this wasn't implemented. So the count for these Clean Sheets started last week.
4. Fixed a bug with Transfers. Bot players used to bid only for players from the First Team of other Teams. This has been fixed, and they will make bids even for Reserves.
5. You can now compare Staff, the same as Players!
6. We have a World Fixtures page, where you can view any upcoming matches for the current day.
7. Other bug fixes!
Just finished version 1.07 this evening! What this includes below.
1. Fixed a bug on player and staff contracts. A retiring player or staff will refuse from now on any contract renewal you will offer them.
2. Added the possibility to compare a player with players from your shortlist.
3. You can now view players without bids in your My Transfers area.
4. Staff Reports will generate reports a lot quicker.
5. Smaller bug fixes!
I'll be working next on Player Awards (at the end of the season). More info about it soon!
I'm introducing today Player Adaptation. How this works:
When you will transfer a new player, he will have now a period to get accustomed to your club. This will be displayed as a percentage on his profile.
His adaptation will be updated every day, and how he adapts depends on his Professionalism. The adaptation period will take between 5 and 21 days.
How does this affect you? If you decide to play with a player not 100% adapted, he will not play at his full potential. So a player 80% adapted, will play only at 80% of his capacity.
As a side note, the Press Release has been updated. Players will react more consistent to your Interviews from now on.
We now have shortcut keys for the Desktop version of the game! Below there's the full list.
F1 - Help
F2 - Team Profile
F3 - Team Players
F4 - Manager Account
F5 - World Search
F6 - Shortlist
F7 - Team Scouting
F8 - Team Staff
F9 - Team Transfers
F10 - Team Fixtures
F11 - Team Facilities
F12 - Game Status
SHIFT + B - Blog
CTRL + D - World Transfers
CTRL + E - Team Finances
CTRL + F - Search
SHIFT + F - Forum
CTRL + G - Team Sponsors
SHIFT + G - Customize Team
CTRL + H - Inbox
CTRL + I - Team Confidence
CTRL + J - World Countries
CTRL + L - League Table
SHIFT + P - Manager Preferences
CTRL + T - Team Tactics
CTRL + U - Team Training
CTRL + Y - Notifications
Today is a Match Engine update day! I've been working for the last 3 weeks on improving the way it's working. I wasn't happy with the previous fixes, and I wanted to take a bit more time into fixing what issues I have found.
So, what changes do we have?
1. I added a new Time Wasting feature. Now, players will literally waste time in the simulator when preparing for a Set Piece or the GK when throwing the ball. This will increase the likelyhood of a Yellow Card, which has a dedicated event now :-)
2. Improved the Physical 'combat' of the players on the field.
3. Updated the Counter-Attacking mechanism.
4. Updated the way the players Tackle.
5. I changed the way players Foul, and how much Damage they do to the other players. I fixed the issue with the SC's being more prone to be injured.
6. Updated the way players are chosen for events, so they should work more reliable now.
7. Updated the way Offsides work and are generated.
8. Updated how the Team Mentality works in the entire simulator. This is a new implementation, which should be closed to reality :-)
9. Completedly changed how the Determination attribute works in-game.
10. Updated how Stamina influences the Match Engine.
11. Changed what attributes Versatility influences in-game.
12. Upgraded how the players take decisions in the game. This lead to improved decisions on Crosses, Shots, Dribbles, etc.
13. Updated player ratings.
14. Updated the Clearing event for the players.
15. Updated Crossing so it's more realistic.
16. Updated how many times players Dribble and how it works.
17. Massively worked on how Headers and Shots work. The number of both have increased, so they generate more threats. Overall the shooting mechanics should improve.
18. Added a new Intervene defensive ability that works with the rest of them.
19. Updated how keepers work.
20. Massively updated how passing works in the game. Possession should work better.
21. Updated Set Pieces mechanism.
22. Improved the influence that Home Advantage and the Team Captain has on the players.