Archive - October 2020
1. What do you think about the reset? Where you looking forward to it?
I think that reset has been necessary due to the situation created by excessive money flow and inquiries to bot teams, and also other problems already discussed. During the last "dead" season, however, the opportunity was lost to fix a lot of existing bugs, which reappeared in the post-reset.
2. What do you think about the changes to the game so far?
It seems that the worst problems have been fixed, but time is needed for the last word. In particular I refer to economical balance, that is always the hardest task to handle in this kind of games. But I understand that bugfixing is hard work that steals time for new features implementation.
3. Did the update change your strategy in any way? Will you be playing differently now?
Yes it did. In the past it was easy to find good players through enquiries. Now that enquiries are gone, we've got to count only on market and scouting. It's a way slower work, but it's way better especially for players with not much time to pass on the game. It's a great step ahead.
4. How much time do you put into playing PFS?
It depends. At this moment, when I desperately need new players, I'm forced to scan the market twice a day minimum. In normal phases of the game, logging in once a day is enough.
5. What would be your advice for new managers that are starting now the game?
Simply use the forum to ask advice prior to do anything. Don't use the market until you've mastered a little how the game works.
6. What’s your favorite real-world football manager? Did they inspire your strategy on PFS?
I don't play those games. I'm an old-school player playing only web base management games.
We're almost ready for the reset!
So what will happen tomorrow: Around 06:00 GMT the game will be put into Maintenance Mode and will be unavailable for a while. I expect the game to be offline for about 4 hours, time I'll use to reset the teams, players, update the database and make all the requirements.
Once this is done, you'll be able to login as usual, but you'll be taken to the page where you'll be able to create a new team! Once you've chosen everything, you'll be given a new team! I'll save all your team images, so if some of you guys want to use the current team image, I can update it for you, just email me via the contact page.
The help page has been already updated with information related to the new changes, and most likely I'll go through the Forum and remove old questions or information that is not relevant anymore.
See you guys tomorrow!
Added Scout Databases to Scouting!
1. Scout Databases Starting with the reset, once per season (every 90 days) you will need to purchase two Scouting Packages (for normal and youth players). How they work:
When sending a scout to a specific country, you'll be able to select ONLY from the countries you have access to with your package. For example, if you decide to get a Country-package, you'll be able to search for players only in your country!
2. Player Values Subs Added substitutions in the calculations for player value.
3. Release Option Confirmation Added a confirmation window when Managers put players on the Transfer Market with a release option.
4. Transfer Fix. Fixed a bug where some auctions were extended for 2 days once a new bid was placed.
See you tomorrow!
Players will look a little different in the new game!
1. Player Generation has been updated, so that players will look more like players in real life. Most of you will feel that the players are nerfed too much, but this should make the game more interesting and tactical.
2. Enquiries. I've decided to remove the ability to directly buy players from teams. I've analyzed the pros and cons of the system, and at least for now, we're going to move forward without it.
3. League Colors Matches will be colored different in your Fixtures, depending on each competition.
4. Player Regions Every player will be generated with a region in their Country.
5. Highest Bid has been renamed to Current Price to avoid confusion.
See you tomorrow!
I'd like to introduce Hidden Attributes to the game!
1. Hidden Attributes. Some players in the game will have hidden attributes. This will be mostly based on the location of your team. We will have 4 levels:
Level 3 - Players that are in a different continent then you, will have all their attributes hidden (You will see a -)
Level 2 - Attributes will be shown as an interval, eg. 11 - 15, 16 - 20.
Level 1 - Players that are in the same continent as you, but in a different country. Attributes will be an interval, like 13 - 15, 16 - 18.
Level 0 - All attributes are available.
Every time you scout a player, his level will drop. So a Level 2 player will be a Level 1, etc. When a player is transfer listed, his level will drop automatically to 1, even if he is Level 3.
2. Suspensions. Yellow and Red Cards are going to be specific per every competition.
3. Broadcasting is going to be influenced by the number of players in that league - so higher competitive leagues will receive more broadcasting revenue. How this works is that, at the end of a season, broadcasting will be setup to count and compare the competitivity of every League. The amount available to players will then be assigned accordingly.
4. Being Injured in Training. Updated the attributes degradation in the game when applying injuries.
5. Player Names. Some players will have 2 first names, instead of just the one we had previously.
6. Other. You can now order by Date the World Transfers.
Some smaller changes today!
1. Late Bid Fee Change. Before, the LBF amount was lost, but with the reset, this amount will be received by the team that is selling the player.
2. Bot Team Names. Bot teams now have different names and formats, so they look a bit different and more dynamic.
3. Yearly Wage Rises. You will be able to negotiate Wage Rises with players now. Every wage rise you propose will increase the probability of your player to accept your offer.
4. Yearly Dividends. Every end of season, teams will pay 10% as Shareholder Dividends for any amount they have over 500K.
5. Unhappy!. Players will complain if their salaries are not very good, and experience a decrease in morale.
6. Searching Attributes. Updated the attributes used when searching for players. These should work better now!
7. Injuries & Morale. Injuries will now influence a bit the morale of the players!See you tomorrow!
The reset will bring you a new team (sort of).
1. Reserve League - Your Reserve Team will get their own League. You'll be able to view the next Fixtures, set your own Tactic and view the League Table! This is going to be a feature available only for PRO players, and it's going to be available only if you want. From your Team Customize page, you can toggle if the AI should handle your Reserves or you.
2. Facilities & Training won't start with half a star, as it is now, but they'll start at 0.
3. Late Bloomers - Instead of having all players develop in the same way, we now have a new type of player - the Late Bloomer. He'll develop less in his youth, and he'll develop more after 26+ years.
4. Tactics Reserves - Added an easy way for managers to view their Reserve Players together with their Regular players. It's going to be easy to play your favorite Reserves :-)
5. Contract Update - Players that are 18 years old, will re-negotiate their contracts with the team automatically (they get a salary increase).
6. Improved Injuries. Players will receive more realistic injuries and will be assigned an injury type. As expected, the injury time has been increased pretty substantially. Also, I've added recurring injuries in the game. What this means is that, if a player manages to injure a body part he already injured in the past, he will receive a 'bonus' to his injury.
7. Fixed the Clean Sheet bug. Now Goalkeepers won't show up in the Goalscorers area.
8. Fixed an issue with Chinese first names. Unfortunately, the game was using the Japanese first names instead of the correct ones.
See you tomorrow!
So, what's coming next to the game with the reset?
1. Player Generation - I've redone the entire way new players are generated. We will have less "perfect" players, and more players with atributes similar to real-life!
2. Registration - You can now choose if you prefer to join a lower-league or a higher league. Players will be assigned a team based on the value of the team squad, not just based on league position, as it is now.
3. Staff Number - Increased the number of staff new teams are generated with, so to avoid a shortage as we had previously with staff.
4. Training Camp - Starting with every season, teams that are not involved in International Matches will have a possibility to join a Training Camp. They'll be able to choose between a number of locations, and their teams will travel there. The system will organize 2 matches with teams in the same area, or with bot teams if none are available. This will help teams not wait a week until the first matches (a complaint from you guys) and let you get some extra training and experience for players.
5. Hungary and Slovakia have been added as playable countries in Europe.
6. Tendency to Punch has been renamed to Punching. It's closed to how actually the attribute works!
7. League Names - Now, all the league names in the game are going to be specific to every country.
8. General Transfer Ban - All transfer bans have been set to 40 days.
9. Optimizations - As you may have noticed, I've done a number of optimizations, and the game should feel significantly quicker.
See you tomorrow!
Hope everyone is doing great! I know you guys have been waiting for updates to the game, so next week we'll be doing that!
As we're just a week away from the update, starting with this Monday, I'll give you guys daily updates with what changes that are coming to the game.
Looking forward to sharing what's coming next!