A few new features have been added to the game, the most important being:
1. Morale will be taken into account by players when negotiating a contract. The higher the morale, the easier they're likely to sign a better contract for your team.
2. You can now Enquire teams about their players. How this works is the following:
a. From a player page, you will Enquire about the price;
b. If it's a bot team, they will reply to your enquiry in a few hours;
c. Bots will make their decisioon based on their position in the League, International Cup Participation, Regional or League animosities, or the value of the player to their team (how important that player is for the team);
d. You will be notified if accepted or refuzed
e. If accepted, you will receive the required amount by the team
f. If you accept it, that player will be automatically Transfer Listed, with your initial bid as the first offer.
For human players, there will be an extra step, where they can add their desired price to the transfer and send the request.
3. When requesting a Friendly with a Bot Team, there's a chance for them to refuse you. This depends on the upcoming and past matches.
4. Forum Posts will have notifications in your feed now;
5. Bug fixes.
Sorry for the lack of feedback lately, it’s been a busy couple of weeks, as well as the holidays. Hope everybody had great holidays and hope we’ll have a great 2020 together!
Back to business.. The reason I was out for these couple of weeks was because of a bigger set of features you guys have been asking about, so here they are:
> We now have Player Morale implemented. Every player will start with Superb morale, and will be visible in the Squad page.
Morale will increase slightly every day and will be largely influenced by Press Conferences (more below) and Individual Conversations (more below).
For every interaction, they will have a chance to react to your answers via their professionalism hidden attribute (higher professionalism - less likely they will be to react).
Players have 2 personalities when reacting to something: determination and ambitiousness. The type of question asked will determine for which of them they’ll react.
At the moment, Morale will not have a very big influence on the game, but will be implemented soon (will be announced) and will influence probably 2 areas: contract negotiations and match impact.
> You will be able to attend Press Conferences. Before and after a match you will notice a new notification asking to you ‘Attend a press conference’. By clicking on it, you will talk with the press in your area (every region will have its own Newspaper and Reporter). You will answer between 2 and 3 questions about the upcoming match.
Once responded, your players will react either in a good way (morale goes up) or a bad way (morale goes down). You will have a new icon which will tell you if he reacted good or bad.
> To be able to target specific players, once per day you will be able to talk to one of them, about their performance or training.
If you do, you won’t be able to talk to them about the upcoming match.
1. Hello there! You’re one of our first managers here so, I have to ask, what made you join the game and what convinced you to stick around?
Hi, thanks for the interview. I discovered the game trough a post on reddit. I have played other online football managers before like sokker and hattrick quite successfully so I said to myself to give this game a try, maybe I can come with some good feedback to the developers.
2. How would you describe your management style?
I'm very details oriented. But it's a challenge because many things are changing right now (as they should).
3. What are the things that you love most about football?
I love tactical challenges and tactical puzzles. I suck at chess, so I picked the next best thing: a football manager. In real life I love the passion of the fans for sure.
4. What would you say was your most memorable match? And what made it interesting for you?
Wining the European Champions Cup was great, but the match that tops that is the European Super Cup match where I was defeated by a tactic that I didn't give to much consideration too, although I've seen the manager win with it again and again. After that match I was back at square one, trying to rethink my tactics... which lead to me loosing even more matches... hopefully I will save this season somehow.
5. How do you go about planning a match? Can you walk us through your process?
I've wrote a small tutorial for beginners in the forums where I answered that. Besides their skills I look for the training potential, the play style and the game consistency.
6. How do you go about planning a match? Can you walk us through your process?
I'm the type of coach that always adjusts it's tactics by what the opponent is playing, so I take a look at their last matches, see how they played and adjust accordingly. I know it's much wiser to have a strong tactic and let the opponents adapt, but where's the fun in that?
7. Do you have a favorite coach, and does he inspire your strategy?
I like Jose Mourinho, oh yes he dose by the fact that I try to resolve my defense first but never thought about that before.
8. What are your goals in the game right now?
Giving more feedback to the developers to keep it challenging.
9. Favorite team IRL?
I'm happy to announce an update that was long overdue. We know have an updated Training page.
So, here's whats new:
1. You can now tweak the team training schedule, per group of players: Field Players, Goalkeepers and Fitness (which incorporates both groups);
2. You can attend the training. By doing so, you will improve the player training :-)
3. You can now do Individual Training. This will allow you tutor up to 2 players weekly on some attributes you consider they are laking in!
4. You will also receive various detailed Coach Recommandations. These are quite interesting, as they will be able to 'read' your team, see where areas you are lacking in and propose you changes.
What is important to understand:
1. In order to get the best training results, you should focus your schedule on one of the attribute grups at least 3 times a week (Eg. this week train Defending 3 times). You can do a more balanced schedules of course, but your players will train less for every group.
2. Player will start to loose attributes later in life. Instead of the previous 28 years, they will now start to decline around the age of 31.
3. Training will happen same as before, Thursday!
4. There is a slight change that your players will injure themselves during training (with a max duration of 1-2 days).
5. THE TRAINING PAGE WILL LOOK A BIT OFF (Training Stats will show up wrong, there will be white text in the Player Improvements) because these support the new format, and this new format of training will run only on Thursday. :-)
So don't worry if everything isn't looking as it should for now.
Hope you'll like the new changes!
Starting now, every manager will have the opportunity to negotiate wages and contract length with their players.
If you view your player actions, you will notice a new option called 'Offer new contract'. Every player has been assigned an initial contract length to start with.
Every end of season, the contract length of every player will decrease, BUT player contracts will never expire. They will be automatically extended by the board (to avoid any type of abuse from managers) and wages will be re-negotiated on expiration day.
Why should you take the time to negotiate your contracts? Like previously said, every season, players who would end their contracts will get a chance to re-negotiate their salaries. This means that they will negotiate only upwards (so higher salaries).
By negotiating with them directly, you can keep your wage bill under control by offering them longer-period contracts (so wages stay the same), but also, it's possible for you to negotiate with them lower salaries.
Their willingness to accept this will depend on a new hidden attribute we're adding (Professionalism). A professional player will have a higher chance of accepting a lower salary, but an uprofessional player will be harder to deal with.
Staff will have the same features, and the same hidden attribute.
Professionalism is a scoutable attribute, and will show up with new scout reports.
If you have any questions, please ask in the forums!
1. First, I want to thank you for this interview. You’re the first of our managers to do this, and it’s a pleasure to get to know you better and receive your feedback. Can you tell us something about yourself?
Thank you for the invitation. I'm a 24 years old guy from Constanta, Romania. I kinda stumbled upon this game, and was hooked ever since.
2. You’ve been a member of the PRO Football Sim community since the beginning. What attracted you to the game?
I like football, I like talking and reading about football, and finding an online game, similar in style to Football Manager, made by a Romanian developer was something new, that I didn't want to miss. Sure, the game wasn't perfect back then, but the potential was real, and most of all... it was actually surprisingly fun. I'm glad I stayed, because IMO the game developed nicely since those early days.
3. What makes you come back and play PFS every day?
I guess because it's competitive, the community might be small, but you do need to be active to compete with the best teams in the game. There is always a scout report you can look up, or some new players added on the transfer market you can preview. Small things like that.
4. What plans do you have with your team?
Honestly, I just want to make my team the best in the game. Finding a young core of players who I can rely on, and win everything there is to win.
5. What’s your favourite formation and what mentality do you like to use?
I experimented with many formations and styles of play. But right now, I like to use a 3-2-3-2 with wing backs and a very offensive mentality.
6. What’s your most memorable moment in the game?
Well, I had a player in my squad that developed to be probably be one of the best strikers in the game. Sold him for nothing in my first season because I didn't think it was anything special and also the market was quite different. When realization hit in a couple of months later... that was quite memorable.
7. Now, a very difficult question: Messi or Ronaldo?
8. What’s your favourite team IRL?
I grew up watching Steaua Bucharest, so maybe FCSB? Hard team to support these days though.
9. What feature would you like to see next implemented in the game?
Honestly I would like if players from bot clubs would have mandatory release clauses, there are some true gems out there. Also, maybe the ability to send players on loan, maybe with optional buy clauses.
10. And finally, what would you recommend to new managers who are just starting the game?
Well, everyone has it's own play style. I'll say experiment with formations and mentalities, find something that works for you, and build the core of your team around it.
First of all, I want to congratulate you guys for a great last season, and I'm looking forward for Season 4!
As requested, I've made a short list of what to expect in the following season, in terms of features:
1. Expect player contracts. You will be able to negotiate your contracts with your players!
2. Positions for retiring players. You will be able to offer your retiring players positions, like Spokeperson, Groundskeeper, whatever
3. Training is planned to get a major overhaul, with plans to make it a lot more interesting and a lot more visual and helpful.
4. Customizable Team Jerseys.
5. Match Engine Improvements.
And of course, the usual bug fixes and smaller improvements!
P.S. Check your tactics page. You'll have a surprise!
Version 0.96.1 brings some exciting new features:
1. Installable App - For those of you on Androind and Chrome on Desktop, on your Manager Account you'll receive a popup to install the App. If you do that, you'll install our new App. Because of caching mechanisms, you'll be able to play the game as if it's local;
2. Scouters - You can now view past scouted players;
3. The annoying logging out of the game should be fixed now;
4. Other various fixes and updates.
Hope you'll like the new features, especially the Installable App!
It's been a while since our last update, but version 0.96.0 is out for a couple of days, and we thought we should talk a bit about it.
What has changed:
1. Player Compare - You can compare your players with one of the players you're viewing;
2. Manager Faces - You can now customize the way you look in-game;
3. We deleted the inactive users, to make room for new users;
4. Sponsor Logo has been added on every team jersey;
5. Finances Update - The Finances system has been re-done. Instead of a weekly type of system, from now on we have a daily system - you'll receive income and pay expenses every day;
6. Player Values - we have a new formula, hopefully better;
7. Wages have been re-set, and have been updated with the new player values;
8. Sponsors have been reset - You can now re-choose your sponsor and your objective;
9. Updated Server - Monday (02.09) we changed our hosting company, as announced;
10. Other various fixes and updates.
If you have any issue, please send us a message.
Version 0.92.2 (week 25.02 - 03.03) is up and ready. Although a smaller update, we've changed the following:
1. Goalkeepers will loose less fitness (half) then in-field players;
2. Country Scout Reports will include players currently on the Transfer List;
3. Added a check on Team Tactics. Every team will need to have a SC/DC/MC in order to save the lineup;
4. Added info on the Federation Transfer Tax on both the Player and Staff View, so every manager can know about it;
5. Various Bug Fixes.
If you have any issues, please let us know.