Latest Match Engine Updates
I wanted to share with you guys a few updates that I've implemented today and yesterday in the game.
I would also like to thank you for the feedback regarding the Match Engine. You guys were right - there was an issue with the Match Engine.
After receiving feedback from you on the forum, I decided to check what exactly was happening wrong (he inconsistencies reported). I digged a bit through the ME code, and found 2 issues (reported as well by you guys).
1. A lot of wrong passes that led to interceptions with goals scored against human teams
2. A bad conversion rate - a lot of shots and not many goals scored by human teams.
So - the 1st was caused by the reset - in the ME, players were mostly based on players generated via the old system. With the new system, players are more varied, less skilled somewhat, so I needed to tweak the ME to take this better into account. Also, I made the passes be more secure when the ball was into the teams own half.2nd, regarding the bad conversion rate - I re-did the way shots are made/missed and how goals are scored. It's now based more on the player attributes, and after thousands of tests, it looks good.
Now, this doesn't mean you'll win every match, but the ME should be more consistent. Feel free to let me know if you notice something wrong.
3rd, based on feedback, I trimmed the text on the Report section to display text only for match events, and not for other events, like subs, changes in tactics, etc.
I've changed visually how passes are viewed in the Match Engine - Instead of passes made/missed, I've decided to add a percentage - so you can see easier and decide if a player did a good or bad job.
I've also fixed the Contract Offer that wasn't working properly. If you try to offer a new player a new contract, it will work as supposed.
I've also added a player/staff export feature. This will allow you to download a .CSV file you can use to sort/track changes for your players.>I would like to thank you guys again for your support!