Match Engine Updated
Today is a Match Engine update day! I've been working for the last 3 weeks on improving the way it's working. I wasn't happy with the previous fixes, and I wanted to take a bit more time into fixing what issues I have found.
So, what changes do we have?
1. I added a new Time Wasting feature. Now, players will literally waste time in the simulator when preparing for a Set Piece or the GK when throwing the ball. This will increase the likelyhood of a Yellow Card, which has a dedicated event now :-)
2. Improved the Physical 'combat' of the players on the field.
3. Updated the Counter-Attacking mechanism.
4. Updated the way the players Tackle.
5. I changed the way players Foul, and how much Damage they do to the other players. I fixed the issue with the SC's being more prone to be injured.
6. Updated the way players are chosen for events, so they should work more reliable now.
7. Updated the way Offsides work and are generated.
8. Updated how the Team Mentality works in the entire simulator. This is a new implementation, which should be closed to reality :-)
9. Completedly changed how the Determination attribute works in-game.
10. Updated how Stamina influences the Match Engine.
11. Changed what attributes Versatility influences in-game.
12. Upgraded how the players take decisions in the game. This lead to improved decisions on Crosses, Shots, Dribbles, etc.
13. Updated player ratings.
14. Updated the Clearing event for the players.
15. Updated Crossing so it's more realistic.
16. Updated how many times players Dribble and how it works.
17. Massively worked on how Headers and Shots work. The number of both have increased, so they generate more threats. Overall the shooting mechanics should improve.
18. Added a new Intervene defensive ability that works with the rest of them.
19. Updated how keepers work.
20. Massively updated how passing works in the game. Possession should work better.
21. Updated Set Pieces mechanism.
22. Improved the influence that Home Advantage and the Team Captain has on the players.